Diary of a Metal Mommy

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

Or, if you don't celebrate the holiday, Happy Just Another Sunday. Of course to most of us the holiday seems to celebrate spring and candy more than anything else, with just a little dash-o' Jesus sprinkled in there for good measure. I have my own personal struggles with the whole thing, (or stuggles, I should say...gotta listen to the podcast to get that one) being the Jewthran that I am, but any way you look at it the message of hope is a good thing. I've been in a bit of a funk lately, and watching Blood Diamond last night before bed didn't help the situation. When you think about the horrible things that so many people feel justified to do to others, it's enough to take your breath away. This world is full of them. But, it is also filled with many wonderful people as well. Many of them kind people like you! People who take time out of your busy days to read this blog, giving a rip about me and my life, sometimes leaving comments that totally brighten my day. It's the little things, people, and I'm appreciative! Maybe someday, someday, someday, we can all feel the love and there can be peace on earth. It's hard to even imagine, but I'm not going to give up hope!!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Susie,
    Happy Easter to you. But as I read your post, no egg-searching with the kids in the garden for you? Hehe ;-)

    ...we don't do that either. Today I had just a normal Sunday, watched Formula One, worked a bit for school (need to prepare for a presentation), and did some other common things. Tomorrow (a sort of national free day here), my grandfather and uncle will come for a day -- it's just a tradition we got for years, and which is quite nice. Hopefully the weather is nice, so we can do something outside.

    The last part of your message is really nice. I got those hopeful thoughts too :-)
    It's quite hard for me to understand the desicions some people make, to do all these bad things. Of course nobody is perfect, but well you can try to keep it all on a good track...

    And really, I like your blog ;-)

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs Rob.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home