Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Girl and Her Guitar

Vivian did pretty darn well with her commercial job and we told her that though most of it is going into the bank for future investment, she was allowed to spend some of it on something special. Here's Vivian with her very first electric guitar! (and check out that rock and roll hair! It was 'Wacky Hair Day" at school!) I say first guitar because maybe it will be one of many?? My girl has wanted a guitar for some time now, and promises me that she will stick with it. hmmmm. Well, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But hey, she paid for it and she'll be paying for her lessons, so, there it is. It felt funny going into Guitar Center again, it's been many a year...and not even for me, but for my kid! If that isn't a slap in the face from Father Time, I don't know what is. But any self-pity I felt for my old self melted away when I saw the look on Vivian's face as she held her black beauty and strummed her first---chord?!---through the amp, loud and distorted. Yes, she is my child. She went right past the 'clean' setting on the amp and selected 'metal' straight away. Of course I probably would have wanted something a bit more girlie looking--at least sparkly, pearly black--but that's okay. I guess if she were too much like me it would be a little scary. Maybe one of these days I'll have to sneak up into Viv's room and plug in my old guitar, the one I bought from Nikki Wikkid of Slaveraider back in the day.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger ROBOTTONY said…

    The torch is passed and the saga continues, very cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home