Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Como Zoo and a Nasty Spider

Brrr, 'tis a cold and rainy Saturday...but that will not keep this family down, no sir! After a lounge-around kind of morning we braved the chilly drizzle and headed out to the Como Zoo. We started out in the conservatory with the plants--it was plenty warm and humid in there!--and checked out the new rain forest exhibit. VERY cool. (or, not.!) It was so refreshing to see green and the bright colors of beautiful flowers. Amidst the adorable turtles and fish, however, was the biggest f-ing tarantula I have ever seen. It was in a side-tipped bucket and was kind of hunched up, but I swear if this thing spread out its legs it would be the size of a small dinner plate. UG! Reminds me of an image I saw a while back that has haunted me ever since...what was hinted to be behind the clock, and then what was revealed. There are no words ladies and gentlemen, no words. All I can say is that if I had something like this in my home, I would leave and never come back.

So instead, we'll go back to the lovely images that my daughter took today whilst at the zoo.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home