Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Chuck E Cheese and Death

Long time no see, my friends...or type, I guess I should say. Sorry it's been so long, it's been quite the busy week around here. Between 2 visits to the vet for poor Digs, a doctor visit for Sullivan, a birthday party and visit from my mother-in-law, an art show of Vivian's...not to mention the fact that the sun is out and it was actually above 40 for quite a stretch there, so it was pretty hard to be sitting here at the kitchen table on my computer instead of out in the spring weather.

Sullivan's birthday celebrations went from his bowling party the day before his birthday to visiting good old Chuck E Cheese on his actual day. Because we didn't eat there (see previous post) and just concentrated on getting down to game-playing (and money-wasting) business on a not-so busy night, I dare say it was actually enjoyable. (plus I had my hand-sanitizer, so I felt covered. Don't leave home without it!!) I have to admit even I get sucked into the gambling-type game playing frenzy, using some of Sullivan's tokens to collect a few tickets myself. I hit the jackpot on one game and had tickets coming out of my ears! Of course what Sullivan cashed them in for has already broken (!) but just playing the games is really the point. (isn't it??) I'd say we have about 3 more years of Chuck E Cheese before it starts to lose it's allure, so I suppose I can try to have a good attitude about it. Someday I'll be lamenting, "Awww....remember when we used to go to Chuck E Cheese?" I just know the sentimental part of me will kick in.

This morning we had the pleasure of taking in art done by 5th and 6th graders at the local library. It's always fun going to those things and running into fellow parents and people of your own little community. I even saw an old Tae Kwon Do buddy there with his kids. Where did the time go?? Made me miss the ol' martial arts. How else can you run into someone who's ass you've kicked and they greet you with a hug? Actually, I think this guy kicked mine quite a few times...anyway, here's Viv with her awesome drawing of a deer skull, titled 'Death'. Why does that not surprise me?!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home