Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, February 12, 2007

Anniversary Hijinx!


The Feminine Hijinx trio getting ready to record our first show!

Happy Anniversary to Us, the Feminine Hijinx ladies that we are. We have been gabbing to the world (or, to about 200 or so) about nothing for a year now. A whole year! Hard to believe. What a fun year it's been! What began as a suggestion from my husband who wanted to try his hand at producing a pocast became something I took and ran with...and I'm sure glad I did. Does our podcast make a real difference in anyone's world?! Probably not. We just sit around and laugh ( a little too loudly, I might add) and talk about our daily lives, silly things that happen in the news, make raunchy jokes and innuendos. Nothing too special, really. But it is definitely something I look forward to, a wonderful excuse to get together with my best peeps and just be our silly selves. And all the more fun if anyone else wants to get silly right along with us. In my opinion, it's what the world needs, really....more silliness!!!!

So soon the Anniversary show will be posted...thanks to all of you listeners out there who join us for each show, we so appreciate it! And a Big Thank You to my husband Cory, who without him it would have never happened. Hey, I'd probably still have a pager and be trying to figure out the library computer (cuz I wouldn't have one of my own!!) if it weren't for his tech-savvy and generous hard work!!!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, dear ladies!
    I can tell you I listened to the very first 3 podcasts last weekend. It was already much fun in those times, I heard. Cool! Can't wait for the new one...

    Funny photo you posted, Suz. Stephanie wanting (pointing to) Kim's wine, while you and Scooby are laughing -as always- about everything ;-)

    Up to the next Birthday! I'll stay tuned for your shows...

    Hugs, Rob.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Too funny, Rob--I also noticed Scoob sitting there next to me and had to laugh.

    Thanks for always being so supportive!!!

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your welcome Suz ;-)

    Sorry for posting this comment about the last FH podcast in here (I can't leave a comment at the podcast's website, but I don't know why...)

    First of all, I felt really stunned and amazed when you said something about the Netherlands and even called my name. I just couldn't believe it, haha... Being 'part' of the Birthday Podcast, how cool. Thanks ladies!

    The show itself was cool as ever, with the 'flashbacks' to the first podcast. Too funny!
    I hope to get more free time to listen to some older ones. Maybe in the upcoming holiday...

    Huggies and keep the fun work up,
    Rob

     

Post a Comment

<< Home