Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Is an image of two skeletons in a loving embrace a Metal way to wish someone a Happy Love day, or what?!

Ahhh, Valentine's Day. The holiday that either makes you feel elated or like doo doo, depending on where you are in your life. Of course since I have a loving husband and children, Valentine's Day around here is pretty darn nice. I understand the mixed feelings with it, though. The expectations that come with the holiday of love are grand--even Sullivan told Dad that they needed to go to Zales for me. (this comes from catching a commercial whilst watching the History Channel.) But even a small gesture can be grand, I certainly don't need diamonds (or Coach purses!) to understand that I am loved. Check out this lovely display that I woke up to this morning! Chocolate and sweet cards from my family--the kids spent a lot of time and thought picking them out and decorating the envelopes. They may not be blue patent leather, but does it get any more valuable than that???

So I hope all of you out there feel the love today baby, feel the love. Even if you don't have one specific admirer at this time, somebody out there loves the one and only you. You gotta love that!!!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happpyyy Valentine's Day, Suz! ;-)

    Hehe, the things you got are really cute... Cards, a flower and chocolat (whoohoo even Dark choco!).

    I didn't celebrate it myself (have no serious lovers, so I didn't expect anything at all). But today at a huge railwaystation, they hand out roses to travellers. I got one too, and gave it my little sis once I got back home.

    With love,
    Rob.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    You gotta love a guy who gives his rose to his sister.
    :-)

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *blushes*

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erin and I used to get pretty sappy on valentines day- but this year, since she's so pregnant, we just laid around and watched 'Lost' while drinking hot chocolate. She fell asleep and started sweating.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home