Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, August 21, 2006

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

I know, I've been a bit quiet recently...but you know, there hasn't been much to report. Since we got back from vacation, it's pretty much been errand running, doctor/dentist/hair appointments, that sort of thing. I don't think you care much to hear about my grocery store runs, taking my pants to be hemmed, or my yearly pap. (and if you do want to hear about my yearly pap, you are a sick individual and please stop reading my blog.)

Tonight I'll be picking up my brother and two of his boys from the airport. They live in Duluth but flew out of here a few days ago (here are my nephews playing Racko with me--aren't they cute??) to go meet our new-found cousins in Toronto for a reunion weekend. I wanted to go, but alas, stuff going on here (you know, all that errand running...ha!), money, etc. Sadly, we can't do it all. I'm very excited to see photos and hear about everything. I'm sure there will be lots of good stories!

A busy week is in store. More of what I mentioned earlier, with some new twists. A podcast on Wednesday, for one--woo! It's been WAY too long since us minxes have gotten together, I'm really looking forward to it! Then Friday I've been informed that my girls are taking me out to a Mystery Destination for my birthday. hmmmm! I've very curious. The only thing I was told is that I don't have to dress up. Curious, and a little afraid. I hope this won't be like one year, when my friends surprised me and took me to an Ethiopian restaurant for my birthday. Sweet idea, of course, but not my food of choice. Dipping soggy bread that disturbingly reminded me of a flacid penis into various pasty dips just wasn't up my alley. But my girls know what I like and I have to say I'm not too worried. I don't even know if it will be food...very mysterious indeed.....!

So, there it is, A whole lotta nothin' goin' on. Soon I'll be sending those kids off to school. Hard to believe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home