Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, July 27, 2006

We Did It!


Well, it's done. Whew. Our live FM107 Undiscovered Divas audition is a thing of the past! Now we wait. And you vote! For us!! :-) I guess they will announce the winners on August 1st, on the air. Wonder if they'll call, too, in case we aren't listening?! This time we got there nice and early. We sat in Phat Thunder in the parking lot, and I must say he got a lot of looks. Nice. It was nice to have that time to sit and veg and mentally prepare for the show.

Here are some photos of the night. (could my mouth be any bigger?!) They were all taken before we started. First we met with Lori and Julia, they were the cutest. (Lori is the one you can barely see, behind Kim!) They were so easy and fun to talk to--no surprise there. The part with them felt very relaxed and we had a blast!

Then it was our turn. Because we over-talked with Lori and Julia (big surprise!) we had barely any time to get on our own mics and get down to business for our own show. It was a killer, waiting for the news and that Elvis Costello "Radio" song to end--but before I knew it, Producer Rob was introducing us! I have to say, the first segment of our show felt difficult. By the time it came to the first commercial, we felt like we had gone through most of our material and wondered what the heck we were going to do with the remaining 20 minutes or so that we had left. A little panicky there! But you know, things just flowed and it started to feel more natural as time went by. We did our little Urban Dictionary bit (except this time using the more radio-appropriate 'Slang Site') and then it was over. Whew.

Of course listening to the show afterward had to be a saga. A Scion Saga, no less. We received a CD copy of the show from Rob, and of course I popped it right into my player so we could catch some on the way home. Brian had recorded it, so I dropped Kim off so she could finish it there and then drove back here. Pulled into the driveway, pressed eject, and....nothing. Stuck. My radio spot is stuck in my CD player! Good grief! So I had to drive over to Kim's and get it from them. (gee darn, I had to hang with Kim again and talk it to death. !) We did listen together and felt good about what we did.

I have to say, leaving, neither of us felt like, "We Got It!" I think both of us really missed having Stephanie there, it certainly didn't have the same off-the-cuff goofiness and ease that our podcasts do. But after listening to the show, we both agreed that it actually sounded better than we feared, and we're pretty proud of it. I have no idea what to expect, or how it will go from here. It's anybody's guess who will win! It was just such an amazing opportunity, I just have to stay in the moment with that one. We were on the air, on national radio, doing what people dream of doing but never get the chance....even if it never goes further than that.

But who am I kidding?! I wanna WIN! So please vote for us, people! And I guess you can vote as much as you want. I'll keep you posted!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Suze, you and Kim had a great show! Congratulations!
    We've got a party to go to Friday nite, but will do my best to vote several times.
    Good luck! (I can't imagine you won't win!)

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Aww, shucks, thanks Rosemarie. You are always so supportive! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home