Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Great Out-of-Doors

Happy Saturday! I woke up this morning and went out to Lake Harriet for yet another weekend run--this time solo. Alas, poor Kim had her back just about go out on her yesterday! Luckily it didn't keep her down for long, but she was still feeling it this morning and wisely decided to skip our jaunt. Boy, do I feel her pain. I hope she's feeling better as the day goes by, she and Emily are going to 'Wicked' today! I'm sure they are very excited!

We are getting all geared up for having more people on our patio. Our friends the Franks and the Schacherers are coming over this afternoon for a BBQ. That latter name is pronounced 'Shockers"...one in the pink, two in the stink...hey, if you don't know what that means, I'm not explaining. This was actually something I recently learned myself, both from my Hijinx girls and Mike Schacherer himself!!! Naughty! It's a nice day, the kids should have fun running and playing in the great out-of-doors and us adults should enjoy drinking in it. (me and my Tablespoon of liquor!)

And speaking of the out-of-doors, look at my little birdies! Aren't they sweet? A few blog entries ago I posted a photo of their eggs resting in a nest that was residing in one of our hanging begonias. Now they've hatched! Our babies! I love hearing their very loud 'cheep cheeps' every so often, that I imagine they do when they are hungry and want Mommy to feed them. I'll be sad when they fly the coop!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home