Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Who Needs Park Avenue??

I stole that photo from Steph's blog since I forgot to bring my camera along for the 4th festivities! We all enjoyed an amazing fireworks display on the Interlachen golf course--which I'm sure is the only time I'd be allowed on that green. Check out the dress code...no metal spikes. How not metal. And no fivesomes?! Sheesh, can't a person have any fun?? It's always fun to hang out with Stephanie and John, so that was no surprise. Sullivan was in rare form--last year he was pretty scared of the fireworks, holding his fingers in his ears and cowering on Dad's lap. Although he still had his fingers in his ears this time, his exclamations of "Oooh, pretty!" "Kowabunga!" and "That one made Vivian feel fancy!" were definitely signs that he was enjoying himself. Hilarious!

The afternoon at Bruggeman's was quite fun, too, and get this--some people actually brought their 8 week old puppy!!! It wasn't a Cavalier Spaniel, but it was a French Brittany Spaniel, and I will say as puppies they look a lot alike. Needless to say, I was all about that puppy. Vivian spent a lot of time with him and had no allergy problems at all. We even took her shirt and rubbed it all over him, as a breeder has said to do, and had Vivian sleep on the shirt--not an itchy eye or a runny nose to be had! So that was encouraging. We'll have to do the same test with the Cavalier, of course. But it sure was fun to be around that puppy. Sigh.

This afternoon we hung out with Stephanie, Nathan, Kim and Emily around and in Stephanie's pool. Ahhh, the life! It was quite luxurious, I will say. Who needs Park Avenue?! Hey, as much as I was able to actually lounge poolside in a very comfy chair with a beer and my fabulous peeps, with my kids splashing happily away, it may as well have been Park Avenue. Then it was home to throw a beautiful filet of wild salmon on the grill, kiss my husband goodbye as he went off to do a presentation at his monthly Photoshop group, and jet Vivian off to her weekly art lesson. Whew! Right now Sullivan is enjoying Madagascar on my FREE MOVIE CHANNEL--woo hoo!--and I think I'll go join him. It's amazing how just lazing around in the sun can totally make you sleepy. ZZZZ. Enjoy this beautiful evening, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home