Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, July 17, 2006

Puppets and Pizza

Started out the day as a puppeteer once again for our church's Vacation Bible School. No Davey and Goliath this time--just an unidentifiable Elmo-lookalike guy. Tomorrow ought to be interesting...I get to act out with another puppet (reuniting with Char once again as the puppeteer! Yay!) who is Lazarus, the guy who J raised from the dead. Lovely. Then the kids get to decorate grave cloths. Such an up-lifting summer theme, wouldn't you say? Should be an interesting week!

The other night I went out with my friend Sarah, we had a great time. She's a friend I met in Missoula, back when we were living there. She and her then-boyfriend were regulars at the Atomic Grind, our coffee shop. To make a long story short, she ended up moving out here and is now living in Saint Paul. It's one of those ridiculous things that even though we are only across the river--and she works downtown Minneapolis--we rarely see each other. When we get together, though, we fall right back into place and have a great time. This time was no exception. We had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen at Southdale. We laughed, we cried, we shopped. Good fun had by all. There was even an Orlando sighting at B. Dalton's book store. I found a book of Pirates of the Caribbean reusable stickers! Ooooo! Of course my first question was, where shall I stick him?! Hmmmm.

I get another fun girlie night tonight, as I meet my friends Darcie, Sara (different one!) and Anne for dinner and chat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home