Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Phat Thunder Has Entered the Driveway!!


There he is! Wooo!!! Oh, it was such a relief to have my car delivered to me once again yesterday--for good! Unfortunately I couldn't go anywhere in it, however...both kids were sick and my back was ready to go out on me. Not a good day.

Vivian woke up feeling sick and soon had things coming out of both ends. Ug. (you all know how I feel about that!) Then I noticed Sullivan felt warm, and he ended up having strep throat. I'm sure all of the stress of this made my back achey, so the three of us were quite the household. Luckily today both kids are feeling better. Getting Sullivan to take his 10 day medication sure won't be fun, tho. Just like Vivian did, he will actually gag and throw up medicine, he hates it so much. This time I got chewable pills and thought to crush them up and put them in pudding. (before we'd done the liquid in the pudding) I figured the pills wouldn't effect the taste so much, but I didn't count on the texture thing. How could I forget how fastidious my son is about things like that? grief. It took a long time of begging, threatening no TV or computer, and finally the threat of one big mongo penicillin shot to finally get him to eat it. And we only have 9 more days, or 18 more doses to go....sigh...

So today, I was finally able to get into Phat Thunder and take him for a ride. I took him out to the Scion dealership to have them tell me what some of the crazy things are on it. I love my little car! It's so zippy and fun to drive. They were out of the Scion keychains, tho, and I was bummed. I've gotta get me one of those eventually.

Then I drove back to Kim's house to get her acquainted with Phat T. She hopped right in in her jammies and we headed over to Steph's. She too hopped in in her jammies and we drove around a bit. Ha! Feeling pretty bad-ass we were, in our jammies. So now everyone knows each other.

Today, just a relaxing Saturday, not doing much of anything but having the kids recover from their illnesses. What a way to start the summer! Of course it's doesn't feel like summer, it's COLD out there!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Phat Thunder rocks! Woo hoo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home