Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Not-So-Metal Photo Album

Irritating! I had this nice long entry about my weekend finished and as I was loading photos--*poof!*--gone. I hate that! As a result, this will mostly be a photo entry with captions. I'll be damned if I'm writing all that again!!!

Here are the kiddos, up at Grammy's in Park Rapids, Minnesota. Having a nice run in the sprinkler on a hot, hot day.
One of life's simple pleasures. A disgusting giant lollipop that always looks better than it tastes. A souvenir from Vivian's highlight of the trip--the candy store. (the bad part was that I had that bad rap song in my head for days after that--don't know what it's called, but it's some nasty thing about coming to the candy shop and licking the dude's lollipop. Not exactly a song you can absentmindedly start singing around the kids, or your Missouri Synod mother-in-law, for that matter.)

I came home to find Orlando waiting for me on my bed. Kim had finished with him, and then left him there for me on my pillow. A friend indeed. I'll take her sloppy seconds, fo sho!

After a pleasant weekend of doing almost nothing, we came back and did nothing on the patio with the Billadeaus. A greel! (Brian, are you sticking out your tongue at me?!)


Today, a nice afternoon swim in Stephanie's new pool! I should say, Stephanie swam. I stood and tried not to have a heart attack as my son kept insisting he could swim.

There it is, my suburban so-not-metal life of the past few days. Unless of course you count that I kept wanting to sing King Diamond's "Welcome Home" from his album titled "Them" the whole time I was at Connie's house. (Grandmaaaaa!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home