Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, June 02, 2006

Metal Mommy Indeed

So, the Pathfinder is sold. Done deal.

Now I get to shop. We have pretty much settled on the Scion--woo hoo! What fun. I decided that I had to drive that one that is shown in the photo below, in my previous entry. Sullivan and I drove to the dealership, and there she was, right up front. I had to smile when I saw it, so over the top! I immediately noticed how the black paint on the hood and top of the car was covered with multi-colored sparkles....ooooooh, ahhhhhh! Then I went around to the back and wanted to open the hatch, to re-reacquaint myself with just how much storage room was back there. I opened the door and stopped for a second, thinking, wait a minute...did I just see what I think I saw?? I quickly closed it again and realized it was not just a trick of the sun on my eyes....there was indeed a gaping skull staring at me, airbrushed into the red paint below. I said to the guy, "Oh my gosh, is that a SKULL??" He said, "Oh, yeah!" and told me all about the custom paint job it had. That's when I realized that there were skulls airbrushed all over the thing. Hilarious! I thought they were just black swirls! I threw my head back and howled. And got right in and drove the thing. I'm thinking long and hard about this skull car. I made the guy an offer, he countered, I started to leave and then he did the classic 'catching me right as I was walking out the door' thing, MAYBE being willing to take my offer after all. Heh heh. I do have a budget to stick to, after all! So! I am driving a couple more tomorrow, and then who knows? Maybe the skulls are for me?! Now THAT is metal. Stay tuned....

Okay, tomorrow is today. I never got to posting this thing. As of today, I am the proud owner of a Scion! So as not to keep you in suspense (I know it's just killing you...) I did not end up buying the Skull one. I mourned it a bit as I signed the papers for my silver one (or, Thunder Cloud Metallic, that is..), but I have traded up the bling on the outside for the bling on the in. Oh man, is this thing SWEET! It practically looks brand new, black and silver leather interior, and get this...it has the LED illumination under the dash, lighting my feet and the passenger's with a pretty blue light. Nice! The switch for it is underneath this blue reflector-looking lever that you have to lift up to turn on, totally like I'm about to detonate a bomb! When the salesguy pulled it up to me to drive, I was like, "what is that loud rumbling noise?" I guess it had a muffler enhancer thing, which made it sound totally like a hot rod. Hilarious! I loved the idea, but unfortunately, not the noise. It was WAY too loud on the inside of the car, and Vivian didn't like the rumbling in the back seat. (give her a few years....doh! Did I say that?!) Anyway, long story short, I bought the thing and I'm loving it! Sadly, I had to leave it at the dealership so they could swap out the muffler--I had them replace it with a normal one. (skulls I'll take, I'll leave the hot-rod muffler to a 20 year old) I should be able to pick it up Monday night! I'm so excited, I can barely stand it. I'll probably end up being one of those Scion geeks who joins some forum and just talks about my cool car.

Maybe I'll order a cool skull decal to put on the back, or some sort of tribal design. Or both...! I don't have to completely walk away from the skulls! I can put on my own, damnit! I WILL be metal! But hey, even though the Scion is more rap than metal, in my book metal = cool, and so this thing is metal all the way.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh YES! Can't wait for the s-weet ride, yeah baby! Woo hoo! Even without skulls - totally metal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home