Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Another Day, Another Saga...

The Scion saga continues. When last I talked about my new Scion xB, I told you that my baby was still at the dealer getting it's vroom-vroom muffler swapped out for a quiet, respectable one. After a terrible wait, being the anxious I-Want-It-Yesterday person that I am, they actually delivered my car to me. Yup, drove it straight into my driveway from Burnsville, even through rush-hour traffic. How do I rate?! I was so excited and happy to have my Scion at last! I got right in, and the first inaugural drive was to where else? McDonalds. I was sad to notice, however, that the rear view mirror control wasn't working. To make a long story short, I took the car back in to the dealer, they took it to Toyota, and now Toyota won't touch them because they are an after-market add on. (they are fancy bling-bling rear-view mirrors with lights on the sides...but who cares about bling when it doesn't work?!) grief. So now they are back at the original dealership, their tech guy is looking at them to see what he can do.

I feel like an idiot for not checking all of the buttons of levers before I left the lot. Let's this be a lesson to all that read this! What a GIRL thing to do! Duh. But, I'm sure they feel even worse for having them not be working. I would think a dealership would put their cars through a check of all these types of things before they put them on the lot. I will say tho, these guys at Park Jeep have totally stepped up to the plate and I would recommend them in an instant. They've basically told me whether it's under warranty or not, it will be taken care of. They gave me a Grand Prix to drive in the meantime. (or Grand Pricks, as Stephanie would say....if you've been listening to Feminine Hijinx, you would understand the joke...!) So even tho this has been a royal pain in the ass, I know things will get taken care of.

But as my poor husband will tell you, I don't deal with this sort of thing well. I don't sleep, I rattle on and on about it, worrying and complaining. I just want my car back in my driveway, end of story. I feel like a girl sitting by the phone, endlessly waiting for her date to call. I can't stand it!

I'd love to be able to pick Kim up in the new Scion tonight, on my way to Stephanie's house for a remote podcast on her porch. At least I have that to look forward to. No matter what irritations the day brings, I have my peeps to laugh with tonight! Woo! It's been a while, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home