Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Summer's Here! But Not My Car...grumble....

What a day. The weather was perfect, and I brought Sullivan to our friend Vicky's house to play for most of the day. I used to bring Sullivan to Vicky's on a more regular basis, back when Cory was working for the Wild photographing their games. There were many a day when Cory would go straight from work to the game, and quite frankly when Sullivan was a toddler it was nice to have some time off once in a while! Vicky is like a grandma to both he and Vivian, so it's good to keep her in their lives. We'll have a few 'Vicky Days' this summer, and both kids are happy about that! And Mom, too! :-)

On my day off I hit the gym--haven't been there enough these days, I'm sad to say--then Target (of course) and then over to Vivian's school on her last day. Last day of school! My daughter is now a 5th grader, my son a Kindergartner. whew. It was so fun being in Vivian's classroom, watching the kids get their yearbooks and having each other sign them. Get this--I was sitting by Ms. Ristau and after having her sign the books many of the kids wanted me to as well! So cute! I signed them "Vivian's Mom". :-) I left early to go get Sullivan feeling a bit melancholy. Sad because I know Vivian is very sad to see her 4th grade year come to an end, she has absolutely adored her teacher. (and I have, too!) Sad because I can't believe another school year has really come and gone already. And thinking about my own faded youth--I have to say I wouldn't want to be school-aged again and go through all of that hard stuff, but of course there is a sadness at the loss of those carefree days, for sure. Believe you me, when a person is almost 40, they think about that kind of stuff.

And today, I still wait. I wait for my Scion once again. Oh, what a saga. It took longer than I wanted for them to replace that muffler of hate, because of course they had to order new brackets to fit. Ok. But after the car was delivered to me--yes, I said Delivered To Me (nice!)--I realized that the side view mirrors control was not working. The mirrors also had these fancy lights on them that weren't doing a damn thing. The next day I took it BACK in the dealership. To make a long story short, they looked, couldn't fix, gave me a loaner car, and I left my baby there once again. Turns out the mirrors are some aftermarket thing that never worked at all. I just don't get that. Why would someone bother to trick their car all up and then the bling doesn't even work?! Crazy. Now Toyota is putting brand new mirrors on for me, heh heh. The problem with all of this is that I want the car yesterday. It's taking WAY too long. I know in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal and in fact the dealership is really taking care of me in a big way--I'm getting all of these brand new parts put in, and they've never batted an eye. Gotta give Park Jeep props for that. But every time I see a Scion drive by me I just want to weep.

Meanwhile, of all the vehicles they could give me to drive, they loaned me a Pontiac Grand Prix. (or as Stephanie would say, a Grand Pricks) If you've listened to the podcast at all, you'll know that this is funny. I couldn't believe it! It's not a bad car as far as little sporty cars go, but I generally hate little sporty cars. They aren't for short people. They are way too long and my foot barely reaches the pedal. I have to have the seat up so damn close that I can barely wedge myself in and out from behind the steering wheel. And to top it all off, the damn gas light came on tonight--I gotta fill the thing with gas! Please. Pat said I should make them pay for taking so long with my Scion by putting some serious miles on the thing, driving up to Redwing and getting the kids some moccasins. Not a bad thought. But then I'd have to put a full tank of gas in it--no can do.

So last night I take the Pricks and drive over to Kim's to pick her up and head over to Stephanie's for a remote podcast. We decided to make an entrance and blasted some 80's Foreigner as we pulled up into the drive. Kim and I posed with some beer on top of the car for Stephanie to witness as she came out the door. Oh, the hijinx! Then we proceeded to have our first podcast on Stephanie's lovely deck overlooking the pool. Yes, I said FIRST podcast, unfortunately. Stupid me forgot to turn on the mic. And that was with only drinking one He'Brew! Sigh. So we then moved into the porch, (or the lanai, as I kept having to call it--since we WILL be the Golden Girls someday...) did #2, and it came out quite well. (the podcast, that is! Oh you, keep your minds out of the gutter!) Home at midnight, whew! I'm sleepy today!

But check this out! Remember how I mentioned in my previous entry about Kim and I auditioning for the FM107 Undiscovered Divas contest? Well, here's proof! An actual photo on their site of Kim and I cracking up Ian and Margery! Nice! I was all bummed that I didn't remember my camera, turns out I didn't need one. Would you look at that.

So! Things have been quite busy and exhausting. I'm ready to get in Phat Thunder, (the name of my new car that the Hijinx ladies unanimously agreed with) take a nice little drive around town,and put my feet up for a while. Summer is officially here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home