Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's Semi-Official...


Whew. What a day. We (meaning the kiddos and I) have been driving around all day..Groceries, hair trim for me (ahhhhh!) at Curl Up and Dye, and a back crack at Davis Chiropractic, where I haven't been in...years?! Craziness. I came back ready to put my feet up and relax at the homestead for a bit--until I listened to my answering machine. There was a message from someone at FM107, letting me know that Kim and I have moved up to the finals in the Undiscovered Divas contest! EEEEEK! This means a one hour live audition on the air, and I already have the date--Wednesday July 26th, from 6:00-7:00 PM. We're already on the schedule! We meet at the station for an orientation mid-July, and when she mentioned learning about FCC regulations, and how to operate the mics and headphones, my heart just leapt. OMG, are we really going to do this?! So anyone out there that can tune into FM107 on that date and at that time, please do! I have no idea how and when you can vote for us, I suppose I'll find that out at the orientation. But I will definitely be shamelessly soliciting votes to move onto the grand prize...our own radio show for 8 weeks in August/September!

So who can relax with that kind of news?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home