Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, January 09, 2006

Progress!!!


There is no better feeling--well, other than a good night's sleep, of course!--than finishing something you've started. Or at least, noticing you are making big progress. Yesterday, in the studio, I put the last finishing touch on the final Warbride song that will be uploaded as a 'snippet' on our web site! Lori is leaving for tour on Friday for a month, (*sob!*) and we wanted to get some music out there for people to hear before she did so. I can't tell you what a milestone it was, to hear all 5 snippets playing over our sound system, one after another! I couldn't help but get misty-eyed, at the recognition of a job well done (if I do say so myself...and I do!). I also think I was feeling a bit sentimental, having the last song be "Nevermore", a song which we've re-written that really was the Warbride anthem back in the day. It's amazing to me to think how far we've come. I definitely never dreamed I'd be doing something like this again now!!!

So I will let you know when the minute-long sound bites are available for your listening pleasure! (at least, let's hope 'pleasure'!) It should be in the next few days! Then when Lori gets back from tour we'll be back at it, hopefully finishing the songs in a more timely manner so we can actually get them out there for real! Wahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home