Diary of a Metal Mommy

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well then. It is now 2006. Hard to believe! It just seems so...George Orwell, or something. I must be growing up, because this year I was actually able to make it to midnight. I have to say, I don't have any new year's resolutions. Do people really do those things, and stick to them?? I guess when there's nothing to improve on, what do you need to resolve?? I mean, heck, since I'm lookin' like Eva Longoria, what more to life is there???

And speaking of that--I was catching up on Planet Dan's blog (which I highly recommend reading, if you haven't checked it out already...you can click on the link on the lower right of this web page!) and I came across this web site--myheritage.com-- where he scanned his photo and they came up with a database of celebrities that he looked most like. Well, feeling pretty good about the Eva thing, I thought I'd give it a try. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, it came out pretty well. Sad to say, Eva was not listed. But the first person that popped up was Neve Campbell. Okay, not so bad. Number two, however, was Nancy Sinatra. Yikes! Have you seen her lately?! Please don't tell me I look like some broad that has horrible plastic surgery! Another scary one was Liza Minelli. Double yikes. But she was last on the list, so, I guess it could be worse. What's really bizarre is both Daniel Radcliffe, aka Harry Potter, and JK Rowling, aka the author of the Harry Potter books, were both on my list. What does that mean? That JK Rowling bases her book on a character that looks just like her?! Weird. Then they listed Janet Jackson. Hmmmm. Vivian entered her photo and she got some old, old man with a huge white mustache--the photo itself looked like it was from the 1920's, and I sure didn't know who the dude was. So, it can always be worse....

I guess one of my 2006 resolutions is to be grateful I don't really look like Nancy Sinatra quite yet. Or Liza Minelli. And try to get back into a gym routine before I start looking like Elizabeth Taylor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home