Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Notify the Press!



Today I actually had a positive IKEA experience!!! We decided to head over there, fools that we were, on this sunny Saturday afternoon. (the sun finally comes out after like, a month, and what do we do? Head to the bowels of IKEA...?!) There were a few more things that we needed to finish outfitting Sullivan's room. I held my breath as I ascended the escalator--Cory even informed me that I was not allowed to take any short-cuts, I had to follow the arrows on the floor with the rest of the cattle, so we could have the true IKEA Experience. I made it through unscathed, and what's most amazing, is everything we saw that we wanted they ACTUALLY HAD IN STOCK. What's absolutely incredible is a table they said was out of stock, actually was IN stock after all! (call me the Eternal Optimist, I decided to check anyway) Woo hoo! So now we just need to figure out stuff for the walls, eventually get matching comforters for the bunks, finishing touches here and there.

Now Sullivan's room is looking pretty darn cute. At least Mom and Dad are happy about it...the whole time we were moving things out and setting the new stuff up, my poor son-- who doesn't do well with change-- was having a fit. But of course we all know that having a cool room is not about him, it's about me. I'm sure he'll grow to appreciate it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home