Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Jane Russel Envies Me



I have really had the most amazing weekend! The festivities all started on Friday night, with Vivian's friend Emily's birthday party at Tuttle's, a local bowling alley. It was a small party with just Vivian and their other friend Nathan, and Emily's mom Kim decided to make it even MORE of a party by inviting us moms along! I bowled as Mrs. Bloom, but don't ask me about my score because we never even finished an entire game--the kids had bowled 2 already and then just finished ours. We were too busy laughing and chatting to bowl! Kim and Brian surprised the kids by giving them amazing 'party favors'--totally authentic Harry Potter wands from The Noble Collection. You should have seen their faces!

Then Saturday I got to see my peeps again at Stephanie's house for a brunch she had for some friends. I was truly honored to be one of the guests, I got completely pampered by amazing food, a beautiful table and great company! Four hours later I felt rushed to get out of there, to get home so Cory could go photograph a Wild game.

Sunday morning was the Christmas program at church. I had casually mentioned this to Stephanie and Kim while talking about my plans for the weekend, and they said they would bring the kids to see Vivian! Vivian had a big narrating-type part, and also a couple of solos. I didn't tell her ahead of time, I wanted it to be a surprise. Was it ever! Her mouth hung down to the floor when she saw her friends there. You could barely see the show from the blinding light that was Vivian, beaming away up there--she was so happy! I personally could barely see the show through the tears--not only at seeing my babies up on stage doing that cute kid-thing they do, but at the love and support that was given to me and my children from my wonderful, amazing friends. I am truly blessed to have them in my life!!!! Jane Russell may have had 18 hour support from her bra, but that ain't nothin' compared to the support I've got from my peeps!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww!! Sweet!! I wish I could've been there! :o)

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jane Russell! Hilarious! I never thought of myself as a big over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder (from NY's Eve), it's so cool to see this on your blog, and the pics too! Happy New Year!!! Stephanie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home