Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, December 12, 2005

Fa La La La La

I got volunteered to sing a solo in church yesterday, in Contemporary Choir. Ug! It's the only thing I don't like about being in the choir. I never raise my hand to volunteer when Diane, the director, asks for one, but somehow I end up doing them sometimes anyway...! As someone who has (sort of!) sang for a living in the past, it's not that I have a problem singing in front of people--but in church, it's different. Don't ask me why! It's just not the Susie Show, you know? It went well, and it was a beautiful song--but it's just not comfortable for me. Probably the same reason I don't want to lector and I don't like to serve communion. Or it could be the Jew in me. But that's for another post...:-)

Then last night Vivian and I joined some of the church crew and went X-mas caroling! We did it last year for the first time, and it's so much fun. There's just nothing like making people all weepy with a Christmas carol. For such a simple thing, there sure is a lot of power in it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home