Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Which Would You Say???



Another jewelry party, some more money! Woo! My friend Pam had her art work for sale at an "Art and Cider Sunday", and she invited me to have my jewelry there, as well. It was actually at HER friend Pat's house (confusing, I know--it gets even more confusing when you realize that the hostess Pat and her sister Pam are twins! And that's a different Pam!!!) It was a beautiful house, with lots of interesting people coming over to spend money! What a great way to spend an afternoon. The only downer came at the end of the day. While I was packing up my things, a woman that had been there from the get-go says to me, "I've been trying to figure out who it is you look like, and it finally came to me!" I'm interested. In the past I've been told I look like Finola Hughes--she's sort of an obscure english actress who was on "All My Children" for years and years. Very pretty, though, so I'll take that! Or maybe Valerie Bertanelli--I've heard that before, too, and even my friend Darcie brought her up when she was trying to guess who I was going to say. So I'm sort of expecting this woman to maybe mention one of these...but then she says, "Shirley Temple!" Shirley Temple?! That just about cuts a Heavy Metal Wannabe to the quick! Of course my friends Stephanie and Kim, who were helping me pack up (bless their hearts!) were teasing me and asking when I was going to do a rendition of "The Good Ship Lollipop" with Warbride. As Darcie would say, Grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home