Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Heavy Metal and Mary Kay


Last night my bad heavy metal-self was at a Mary Kay party. My friend Cyndy is a Mary Kay Lady, and she asked if I wanted to sell my jewelry at her yearly holiday soiree. Heck, why not? Come to find out I probably shouldn't have worn jeans...I guess Mary Kay ladies are to wear skirts at their parties, and they are not to serve alcohol. Hmmmm. Well, Cyndy said I was off the hook anyway since I wasn't really representing Mary. And actually Cyndy was not in a skirt, and there was plenty of wine and margaritas to go around. My kind of heavy metal breakin'-the-law kind of party! Old Southern Baptist Mary Kay was probably rolling in her grave.

No worries, though. No one was so sauced that they bought a lipstick color too dark for their skin tone, or anything. And I did quite well with my wares. Turns out those Mary Kay ladies like a little bling. Who knew? I wonder if Mary would approve??

1 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, anyone who drives a pink cadillac, believes in Bling!! :o)
    In fact, I may have sold her some once upon a time....?!! :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home