Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Target--My New Gym

Is it just me, or do other people get the holiday stress this early? It's so silly, but I've been feeling it already. I'm such a Virgo...I just feel this burning desire to get all of my shopping done ASAP. Like if I don't it's all going to go away, or I'm going to forget what it was I wanted to get, or something. Maybe it's just the fact that I grew up with my mother, the woman who sent our box of Christmas presents to us back in August and probably bought them all the day after the previous Christmas.

Today, during Sullivan's school time--which is a pretty small window, I might add--I decided to throw all of my holiday rush aside and go to the gym. Ah, the gym. I've gotten to that point where it gets harder and harder to go. Not that I don't still enjoy it, and I still feel great when I'm done. But it just seems harder and harder to get there--just not enough hours in the day. So today, I thought, I am getting to that gym! After a quick run to Target, of course, to get more Christmas gifts checked off my list. So I get changed in the locker room and am on my way to the fitness area, when I realize that my iPod is completely dead. I was so irritated that I turned around, threw my jeans back on and huffed out the door. I've worked out without music before, but today was just not the day! So now I am feeling guilty. Maybe tomorrow I'll get there. After I do a quick run to Costco....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home