Diary of a Metal Mommy

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Like It Or Not

Okay. I have decided to be more regular with my posts. Maybe even almost a daily blog. Gasp! Now I'm warning you all, because you'll have to sit through my boring daily life. I haven't wanted to post an entry unless I felt like I had something witty or poignant to write about, but you know, I guess I'd just rather run at the mouth. Or at least, the keyboard. Thanks to Nephew Dan, who has inspired me. So if you really have a problem, you can take it up with him. ;-)

Another Thanksgiving, over and done. Of course these days, Thanksgiving is merely an afterthought. A holiday to help pass the time between Halloween and Christmas. A person can't even find chocolate turkeys anymore, which is a downright shame. Growing up, it was a tradition at our house to have chocolate turkeys on our plates every year, when my mom set the grand Thanksgiving table. I didn't get around to even looking for them this year, but Cory surprised me and brought something up to Mom Shubert's to put at our plates. They weren't turkeys, mind you, they were chocolate icicles...but it's the thought that counts.

So now we are in Christmas Mode. We brought a tree back with us from Park Rapids, so as soon as we were in the door, we were setting it up. That's our tradition--don't even let the paper turkeys relax before they are down and being replaced by Christmas decorations. No Christmas movies or music is allowed until the day after Thanksgiving. This year I cheated a bit, I was baking X-mas cookies a couple of days before and just HAD to have the music to go along with it. I guess I'm just going along with the rest of the world. So now it's Christmas around here, big time. The tree is up and decorated, music is playing, decorations are up in full force. We've even already had the Santa photos done. I have to say, this was the first year that I got everything set up and thought to myself, "Oy, the clutter...!" That's not a good sign. Usually I don't feel overwhelmed by the clutter until the season is over. Maybe it's the Jew in me? But that's for another post...:-)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Cuz said…

    I love reading your blogs, Suz!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home