Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer Fun

As KISS would say, Hot Hot, Hotter than Hell. (I know I am dating myself, but anyone who ever keeps up with this blog already knows I'm FORTY.) Did I get that song stuck in your head now?? (that is, if you are KISS fans.) That was my good deed for the day. You're welcome.

Yes, I'm still here, yes, I'm still alive, yes, everything is okay. It's sweet that people worry about me if I don't blog. Always nice to know someone out there would probably send the search party if I didn't post for a month or so. Makes me think when I'm old and alone that I'll keep this blog going, if nothing else for that very reason!!! Lucky you. Then I'll be going on and on about my poop, my bunions, and all of that fun stuff. yahoo!

No, I've just been a busy Metal Mommy taking in the summer. Other than this Hot as Haities weather, it's been lovely. Just waking up late in the morning with--on most days--nothing to rush off to. And if we do have something to rush off to, it's usually something fun. Here is Sullivan hanging at my friend Dawn's pool. Dawn kept telling me to invite myself over, and damn if I didn't put the Nice Girl aside and do it. Inviting myself over to someone's house is something I've never been able to do--even when Coreman wants to just stop by for an un-announced visit with someone at a perfectly reasonable hour I feel uncomfortable. But Dawn has been insisting that I do it, she and Mark want people to come use their pool--and who am I to say no to that?! :-) I suppose it's pretty metal to just announce your impending presence.

Hanging with friends, my old boyfriend Hayden's 40th birthday party, hitting the Rec Center pool with the kids...all good summer fun. The only bad thing is I've hardly seen my dear Golden Girls Kim and Stephanie at all so far! Whassup with that?! Ladies, I miss you. Isn't it bizarre, you'd think summer time would be the time you see your peeps the most. Not when you have a family....you are busy busy busy taking kids here and there and keeping them entertained. Ah well, such is life. Makes the good times when we are together that much sweeter.

So all of you stay cool, safe and enjoy the summer! We will be lamenting it's demise before we know it....

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Suz. Good to hear you're doing fine! And lovely photos again ;-)
    I checked your blog several times, noticing that nothing has changed so far... It wasn't too bad, as I was very busy myself. Had the final presentation last week. Got also my final note (a 9 out of 10), so I finished my study (civil engeneering, direction watermanagement) very well, I can say...
    Enjoy the sunny weather in Minnesota. Ours sucks bigtime :-|

    Cheerio,
    Rob

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Good show, Rob! What's next for you?

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, Suz ;-)
    I'll probably hit university, although I'm still not sure yet. The current study is something between highschool and university -- I guess it's called college or so.
    Making some money is interesting too, but I find myself too young for a fulltime job...

    But after a busy year, I got tonight finally a non-educational appointment with my colleages. Will go to the cinema for 'Premonition'.

    Hugs, Rob.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home