Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

On My Patio

Yes, 'tis spring/summer, and I'm having everyone on my patio once again. Why is the 70's Donna Summer hit "On the Radio" in my head right now? You know, instead of singing "On the radio, whoa, on the radio" my version is "On the patio, whoa, on the patio"...see? Now you'll be stuck on that all day. heh heh.


Softball party! We had the first one of the season, it's always good to just get it out there and be done right away. A wipe of the hands, we did our duty. And it was fun. Coreman plays on the Wooddale Bulldogs team and quite frankly I don't know how good they are because I never get to see a game. My little guy is still at the age where sitting in the stands and watching grown men hit balls with bats and run around on a diamond is just not as alluring as the nearby playground equipment. And because he's still little, I can't just let him go play. But the burgers and dogs on the patio was great fun, and the weather was perfect. Lucky, since it's been storming/raining a lot lately.

Last night our friends Pam and Gary joined us a for a nice patio evening as well. We chatted and ate salty chips and sweet yummy cupcakes from Trader Joe's, (thanks and no-thanks P and G!!!) by the lovely lights with our new bug zapper that Coreman got for his birthday letting out the occasional 'zap!' What a satisfying sound that is, I have to say. One less bloodsucker in the world. Or on MY patio.

Tonight, I will be on Kim's patio, with her and her hilarious wish-he-were-my-brother Pat. We are indeed supposed to get storms, but hey, the beer and/or wine will be pouring and we'll be laughing...so who the heck cares?!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home