Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Outta My Head for Jewels

Skulls are still 'in'--thank goodness!--but this one definitely is out...out of somebody's head! It looks like something Captain Jack and his crew would be searching World's End for. This beauty is diamond-encrusted, worth a mere $98 million. That makes my 15 million dollar castle look like steal! And how very metal. The gift for someone who has everything--surely a girl would lose her head over something such as this...ho ho ho!!

As it is, I myself have been bedazzled with a gorgeous bauble compliments of my dear friend Stephanie--an early 41st birthday present!!! Instead of our usual coffee morning at the shop, I recommended that we peruse the Edina Art Fair--a shopper's paradise for all that enjoy the artsy-fartsy. There were many booths with jewelry, but when we passed the one that sported this particular stuff--my, oh my! I would have loved to have a camera, to see all of the women (us included) drooling over these jewels. A person could barely get by the table, the women were coveting everything they thought they *may* want to buy. Stephanie ended up getting herself a gorgeous necklace that was so stunning I had to fight off another woman that was practically ready to rip it off Steph's neck. Whoa! My necklace is to die for itself, a single amazing clear crystal jewel like a magical amulet. Whew. It's enough to make a accessory-lving girl swoon--or lose her head. Thank you thank you, my lovely friend! What a fun morning we had!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home