Diary of a Metal Mommy

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Seek and Ye Shall Find

Ahhh, another quest. I've started to realize that with me, it never ends. That's sort of depressing. But then again, what would a girl be without a quest?? Once she's happily married she's not going to go searching for a MAN, for goodness sake, why not the next best thing? Fashion accessories???

Jennifer Garner is going to be mentioned again in my blog, and this time it's not what she's saying--it's what she's wearing. At least in her cover shoot for the May 2007 In Style magazine. The dress she has on is amazing, but I'm not even going to go there--I KNOW it's going to be beyond my reach. But the necklace....I've been thinking about how I need to jazz up my wardrobe with some longer jewelry pieces these days. I am a big choker girl, and my usual necklace length beyond that is a mere 16 inches. Lately though, I had the urge to layer. And if one wants to layer, one needs a long necklace for the final touch. The one that Jen is wearing is perfect, in my humble opinion...big and gaudy, clear lucite so it goes with anything, very glitterati and glam with that giant chandelier-type pendant hanging down. oh yeah. Well dumb me threw the magazine away without looking to see who made the thing, so I was left to do a blind search for 'lucite necklaces' on the internet. Not an easy task.

Lo and behold--here it is!! Or at least one that looks a heck of a lot like it, and that will do. You've gotta love Bluefly. Granted I'm not running out and buying it right now since I just bought my lovely Do Son perfume--a girl does have to be someone practical--but I'm definitely bookmarking this one. There is something so satisfying about having something in mind and actually finding it! The quest has been found. Now I can rest. Until the next one comes along, that is....

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger ROBOTTONY said…

    Your necklace matches your castle, And they all lived happily ever after....sweet!

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Oh yes!!! Good one, Robottony...!

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Do you know who designed the dress?? I've been trying to find out.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Hi Angie--I knew at the time, but now I can't remember! So sorry! It is gorgeous, isn't it??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home