Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, June 29, 2007

Mysteries of Life

Sigh. My last child has lost his first tooth...definitely a rite of passage for both of us! It's funny how it went from just a titch loose to wiggling all over the place, and then the next day, gone! It was really bugging him at that last stage, and I guess he just grabbed it with a paper towel and pulled it right out! Sadly, I was not here to witness it myself.

I was out looking at my Dream Home. We aren't really planning on moving but it was just one of those things...a couple of weeks ago I dropped Vivian off at her friend's house and noticed there was a house for sale on the street. It's an amazing area--still our little town, but in a very secluded wooded part of it. Picking up the available flyer I was surprised to see it less expensive than I thought it would be...of course, still out of our range--but it got the wheels a-spinnin'. Before I knew it our real estate agent was opening the door and I was getting a first-hand view. I could have wept, it was so amazing. The yard was the kicker, a half acre of trees so thick you could barely even see any homes behind it. Of course the gourmet kitchen that has been featured on the cover of a magazine didn't hurt, either. sigh. It's fun to dream, but it can be darn depressing too. I mean, I can dream about a 15 million dollar castle but I don't really pine about it since it's so out of reach. This place is out of reach too, but it could probably be done if we really worked at it. But that means changing a lot around here and sacrificing other things, and who wants to be house-poor?? OK, sometimes I think I do, but I know it's not very smart. Guess I'd better go back to putting my energy into my Special Purpose...of course a new house would be something to take my mind off that now, wouldn't it?? Funny how that works....!!!

And speaking of that, last night I attended a Silpada Jewelry party at my friend Pam's house--that was fun. The jewelry was actually very nice, and of course spending a night with women drinking wine and playing with girlie things is never a bad thing. I often wonder about these home-party business things...of course on the outside they seem like the perfect job for me. Getting paid to party! But of course the nitty-gritty is really investing a bunch of your own money up front to buy all of the stuff to display, and then having to get out there and SELL. I am not a salesperson, I feel way too guilty trying to push anything on anybody. When I sold my own jewelry I just sat behind the table and answered questions, I didn't believe in trying to SELL anything. If a person left without buying a thing, so be it! The last thing I would want is for someone to buy one of my pieces because they felt they had to. And of course at those parties, don't we always feel like we can't leave without purchasing?? Ladies, don't we always feel guilty if we don't??? I can see the men reading this just shaking their heads. Don't even try to understand, my guy friends, you just won't. It's just yet another one of those mysteries of life.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:10 AM, Blogger ROBOTTONY said…

    A tooth fairy lives in that backyard, hotter than hell is what I felt like in Vegas last weekend, 104 degrees! I tried to understand women once, my head almost exploded, I was saved by watching sports on TV, TOUCHDOWN!
    cheers

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Robottony, you always make me laugh. A tooth fairy in that yard! OMG, that's so great!!! :-)

    Cheers to you---

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger silver shine said…

    Are you looking for the sterling silver earrings? If yes, then Silver Shine is one of the awesome choice for you. We are offering you stylish and different silver earrings. You can buy awesome sterling silver jewelry at affordable prices.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home