Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year, New Room!

Woo hoo! We are totally re-doing our living room and let me tell you, it is becoming one swank space if I do say so myself. (and I do.) We've decided it's time for a change with our furniture...and of course new furniture will eventually mean new paint. I grumble at this, not only because I HATE painting, but because if you recall we painted the entire living room not so long ago. We'll keep the brown wall, but the rest will be a sort of Wedgewood blue...eventually. Probably not until spring, when we can throw open the windows and let out the fumes. (it has been quite spring-like here lately, but one never knows when the temp will drop...and it recently did!) Just the removal of the old piano that was never played made us able to put our furniture where it hadn't gone before--and it totally opened up the room. Right now I hate the fact that everything is white, off-white and brown, it definitely needs some color....but all in good time my dear, all in good time. I just had to put Ms. Coach on the couch, it seems like she belongs there. :-)

So if you are feeling bored with your digs, just move things around and it can feel like a whole new place. You don't even necessarily need new furniture...even before we got the new stuff just moving the stuff around that we had was a breath of fresh air. Maven Kim had some great ideas--and she is the expert in moving furniture! :-)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excuse me if I'm wrong, but do I really see something blue on the first photo? Yeah, there in the middle...
    Just kiddin' Suz! ;-)

    Yeah, there's a little lack of colour, but further it seems to be a pretty nice and cosy room. After all, good luck with the painting...
    And, nice photos again!

    Groetjes,
    Rob

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Cuz said…

    Suz,
    I adore the "new" room. Looks like a new place. I love the chairs!! And of course, the "purse". Love you!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home