Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Kim and Ms. Coach

Kim came over yesterday afternoon--not for a cup of coffee, mind you, but a cup of her own Chai Tea complete with Chai flavored Coffee Mate that she herself brought over. (have Cream Crap, will travel...!) I have to say, it was a lovely way to spend a quiet, dreary afternoon.

Here she is sporting Ms. Coach. As soon as she whipped it over her shoulder she proceeded to strut around my living room with it on. I made her stop mid-strut for this photo. I'm glad she's not jealous about my new best friend. But we ladies have to all stick together, right?!

I have absolutely no New Year's plans, and you know, that's just fine. Just hanging out here with my family and Ms. Coach works for me. That's where the 'Metal' part of Metal Mommy definitely loses out to the 'Mommy' part--I can barely stay up until midnight any more. Pathetic! I mean, a cozy evening with friends is definitely a great thing, but being out at a crazy party with people drinking, acting stupid and puking just to say, "hooray!" when the clock strikes midnight is not my idea of a good time. Does anything special ever happen at midnight?! No. It's just another day. I will reflect on the old year in my own quiet way...by waking up on January 1st 2007 with no hangover, just a cup of coffee and high hopes that this new year will be just as great to me as 2006 has been.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home