Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Grown Up Shopping With Ms. Coach

I dropped the kids off at Vicky's today and Ms. Coach and I hit a couple of malls for some pure unadulterated after-Christmas shopping. What a thrill! I have to say I felt damn spunky showing my purse off. Not that anyone probably noticed, and of course it's oh so vulgar, but hey. A Metal Mommy has to get her jollies somehow.

I was In Search Of once more...looking for some funky yet sophisticated clothes to bring to Washington, D.C. Yes, you read right, I will be visiting the one and only state capitol in about a month with the fam. All thanks to Vivian, who quite unexpectantly landed a commercial job that will bring us all there. That's about all I can say about it right now--everything about it is very hush-hush at this point, and it's killing me. A mother wants to brag about her children, but I have to reel it all in. In the meantime, I can shop. I just needed (or, wanted?!) a couple of 'bottom' pieces that weren't jeans to dress things up just a bit. Ann Taylor Loft turned out to be a good place to go, as I ended up with a skirt and some cool dress-shorts there! Believe it or not, this Metal Mommy loves Ann Taylor. When I want to pretend to be sophisticated, that's where I go. Their clothes fit me so well and they have many nice alternatives to skull t-shirts when I want to look a bit more like a grown-up.

I also shimmied myself into the Guess store to look at wallets....I love the whole Guess purse thing, in fact, the purse I was using all the time before Ms. Coach took over was a Guess. I got a great deal on a wallet that actually matches that old girl. Now maybe she won't feel too left out, and know that I still love her. I'll pull her out again eventually, of course, but for now I'm too infactuated with my blue patent leather. It still gives me butterflies when I catch sight of it from across the way...! Oh dear, maybe my purse and I need to get a room?! Ha!

Speaking of shopping/fashion/fads, I'll leave you with this photo of me with an upside-down Christmas tree, which I guess was the new decorating thing this holiday season. Personally, I don't get it. But hey, I guess they have to keep thinking of ways to shake it up!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home