Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy, Not Crappy

Happy New Year! Let's hope yours is happy, not crappy. I have to say I have a pretty good feeling about ol' 2007 for me.

Last night was perfect. A gorgeous snow, deviled eggs, playing a game of Blokus with my family. Then Coreman and I started the behind-the-scenes DVDs of LOTR once again. Why not start the new year off with a bang?! I did not even make it to midnight, I knew I wouldn't. Vivian did manage to wake me up at the stroke of twelve however, with a "Happy New Year, Mommy!" Ahhh, youth.

This year has started out nicely enough...just Digby and I up before anyone else in the house, sitting by the roaring lightbulb (our electric fireplace) with a cup of coffee watching dark blue gradually turn lighter outside and the beautiful fairytale-like snow on the trees. I turned the 'Mellow Mix' to shuffle our living room ipod and was greeted by Al Stewart's "Time Passages". Normally I'd hit 'fast forward' quicker than you could say Frodo Lives upon hearing Al Stewart--so not metal--but I thought it was pretty fitting for the first song of the new year, so I let it pass.

Yes, 2007 could be a good year indeed. Exciting things happening for Vivian with her commercial work (which automatically becomes exciting things for me, of course!) my fabulous new Mod Pod Music web site that my husband is putting together that's going to be up and running soon, Warbride music finally up and available on that website (I'm feeling optimistic!), just more great days with my fam. I am a lucky woman indeed, and I am so grateful for all that I have. Of course my life is not perfect by any means...but in this hectic world that can be so hateful and depressing I sure have a safe little warm haven here, surrounded by family and great friends. Now THAT makes for a good year.

I hope all of you also have a lot to be thankful for as you say goodbye to the old year, and a lot to look forward to in the new.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year Suz!

    Have a wonderful, peaceful, metááál, lovely happy and healthy 2007!

    Cute photo actually. Nice detail: the Feminin Hijinx cups -- great! I'll check out #26 tomorrow :-)

    Keep on bloggin'!

    Hugs,
    Rob

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year my dear!!! Lots of love, Stephanie

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Rob--you yourself could own a Feminine Hijinx mug! :-) Have a Happy New Year yourself!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Awww, Steph, you did indeed have a crappy New Year...at least the start of it. But that just means you got it out of the way, and the rest of it will be fabulous, my fabulous friend!

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah yeah, I didn't even notice that at my previous visits! And even a string, whahaha -- just too funny ;-)
    Do you own all the things as shown at the site?
    Sad thing is that I don't have a creditcard and enough money :-(

    Hugs, Rob

     

Post a Comment

<< Home