Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, January 12, 2007

My Lips and the Inner Bitch

So I began my Friday with fuller lips. No, I didn't get any injections or anything, ug. No Melanie Griffith lips for me, no-siree. But I bought this very cool make-up bag at Sephora yesterday and it had some fun samples in it (by the way I totally recommend this bag...it's so fun and funky, with a detachable handle can also be used as a little purse, and most of the proceeds go to the VH1 Save the Music cause! Yeah! It's totally rock and roll...!) one of which was this Big Fatty Lip Plumper. Now, not to brag or anything, but I think my lips are just fine the way they are. They aren't big, they aren't small, they are just proportional to my face. I never really gave them much thought, to tell you the truth. All I know is that when Meg Ryan decided she needed full lips, that was a bad choice. So I was skeptical about this stuff. But you know, a freebie is a freebie and it's always fun to try new things, so I thought, what the hey? So try I did. I was a little nervous because in reading reviews about the product it told you it could sting and to be very careful to to go outside of the lip or that area will also become red and puffy. nice. But I soldiered on. You know, not a big deal. It turned my lips a nice pink color and I felt a slight tingle, but overall it wasn't much of a change. Thank God, no Melanie. So probably not something I'd buy, but fun to try anyway.

So my lips and I went to meet Steph to resume our Friday morning coffee at our usual place. Yeah! With the holidays and the kids home from school, we hadn't been in a while. I was missing it big-time! As always the time flew and we laughed and laughed. A particularly funny thing was Stephanie telling me that she had an epiphany in bed last night as she was agitated and having trouble dozing off--she basically realized she was indeed a bitch and upon this realization was able to settle down into a deep comfy sleep with a smile on her face. OMG I laughed so hard at that, that's so great! That mental picture will plant a smile on my face for this entire butt-cold dreary winter's day. What a great way to start a weekend! And so inspirational...Embrace Your Inner Bitch!!!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Suz, where's the photo of your lips? ;-)

    Hugs, Rob

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    You know Rob, I actually took a couple before and after lip photos...but you honestly couldn't tell a thing except for the color change and you could also see right up my nostrils. Not a pretty sight, let me tell you.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha, that's okay. Just the fact that you took photos of it is funny ;-)

    Take care,
    Rob

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahahaha! Hilarious! Well it's no fun being a bitch if no one knows it, ha. (Although I don't know anyone named gregg, so that kinda takes the fun out of it.)

    Suz, your lips are always kickin'! Woo hoo!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    True, so true.

    And these lips are giving you a big kiss for that compliment. Mwah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home