Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Lame Brain Strikes Again

Or, lack-of-brain that is. I was so proud of myself...I had remembered to stop in the bank as soon as I got to Byerlys to get a bunch of one dollar bills for our upcoming trip. I knew that if I waited until after my shop I would completely forget to do it. I go into the bank and realize that I don't have the bill that I wanted to change. sigh. The Lame Brain Strikes Again! I swear I have turned 50 instead of 40.

But in my brain's defense, there has been so much to organize and get ready for in my head for our trip next week! We'll be gone for 5 or 6 days, so that's a long time to plan for. Schools to call, pet-sitter to nail down for Digby, mail to stop, last minute travel things to buy....and that's just the beginning. Plus just the thought of the whole plane ride is enough to turn my brain into a blob of goo. I don't like to fly--forgive me, but I just don't like the idea of being in a tube in which I can't open the windows or decide to get out and stretch a bit if I like. But this girl's gotta keep it together. I can't be freaking out and then telling my kids that flying is fun and a great way to get from point A to point B. Damn being a good example! When did I sign up for this?!

But I'm sure once we get to the 5 star hotel we're staying at--hence needing the one dollar bills, for tipping purposes!--and get involved in museum going and hanging out on commercial locations, that will all be forgotten. Then it will be time to get back on another plane to come home. But of course I'll be looking forward to that--you know how no matter where you go and how good of a time you have, there is just nothing like your own bed. And let's face it, sharing one bathroom with 3 other people is gonna get old.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Cuz said…

    You all are going to have so much fun and it is all so exciting. Make sure Sullivan sees all the buildings that are on the BILLS!!! Sharing the b'room would almost do me in!!!!! Love ya

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Does that mean you don't want to join us? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home