Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Now Poop is Metal.

Whew, I feel like I'm cheating on my blog or something. I've been so busy helping Digby with his blog that I've barely had time to post on my own!!! :-) Things are going very well with the pup. He is adjusting wonderfully. Now, if only I were...no, actually we are having sort a semi-predictable schedule going, which is really nice--it's just that I am bone-tired. (pun intended!) Of course I am getting interrupted sleep at night with his waking every so often, and then he's up at the crack of dawn. But it's what I expected and I will say, he's doing better than I could have hoped for in the potty training/night time department. Whew! I know as time goes by it will only get better, and this too shall pass. And a lot quicker than a kid's baby stage, I'll tell you what! It's all worth it. Those big brown eyes...ahhhh! :-)

Vivian came back from her 3 day camping trip to Eagle Bluff with her class, and we were all happy to have her home! She is the best big sister of all--she came back with some glorious rocks and minerals that she had bought for Sullivan at the gift shop there. (but of course they had a gift shop!) She had an amazing time--she rock climbed all the way to the top and touched the ceiling (obviously, an indoor course!), made a fire and conjured up some hot lemonade, and even scaled across some wires from tree to tree 30 feet in the air, attached only by her carabeeners--now that's metal!!!!! I'm very impressed, to say the least.

That will probably be the most exciting news to come from my blog now for a while. Unless of course you want to hear more about picking up poop--which because of the adjustment, we've been doing a lot of lately. Poor Digby and his 'soft serve' poops! mmmmmm....Dairy Queen, anyone?? sorry. couldn't resist. We're talking about poop! How metal! I had to get SOMETHING metal into this 'diary of a metal mommy', since lately it's mostly been about a cute little puppy. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your new baby Digby is absolutely adorable!!! I love his blog! I have allergies and I have been looking at a Bichon but I'm now I'm wondering if a Cavachon might be for me. I want a puppy so bad it hurts. I have carpet so I have been waiting to put in hardwood floors but my carpet isn't wearing out fast enough!

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Well hi, Donna! Nice to see you...:-)

    Of course I'm biased, but I have to say my little Cavachon is the BEST. He is so smart and learning so very fast!!! I know Cindy has a few puppies left...;-) Her site link is on Digby's blog! I looked at Bichons too, but after doing some research it seemed that the Cavachons were the best with kids, which of course is important to me. Vivian has horrible allergies and it took a LONG time and a lot of field research to find one that worked for her! So coming from experience in that department, I'd say you'd have a good chance with a Cavachon. It's best to find one and visit--spend time getting right into that fur and getting licked--to see if you react.

    Oh, I know all about the puppy fever. I had it SOOO badly! Let me know if you decide to do something!!!!!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Goddess..are you out there?? I got a notice of your post, but I don't see it on here--is that you that deleted? Well anyway, in case you check here, to answer your question: Vivian is having no problems whatsoever around Digby!!!! She knew right away if a dog was going to be a problem--immediate sniffles and hives where they licked her. So I think we're in the clear, thank goodness. We spent some time around a Cavachon and all seemed fine, but of course I'm relieved.

    If you are really thinking of getting one--you too, Donna--I can't say enough good things about Cindy, the breeder at Cavachon Connection. (the link is on Digby's blog.) Good luck and keep me posted!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home