Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, November 06, 2006

Happily Sleep Deprived

Well, considering we have a brand new puppy in our house now, I have accomplished a lot today. After being woken up twice with some puppy whining and then up early (5:30 early--eeek!~) to let Digby out, between puppy duties I still managed to take a shower AND make a quick grocery run to Byerlys. I just HAD to go to Byerlys, you see...Digby was still napping and I wanted to make a quick run so we could actually have dinner tonight. Byerlys is just so much closer than Cub. (sounds like a good excuse, eh??)

Overall, our little addition is doing amazingly well. He was in his kennel all night, and even though he woke up I never let him out, so he was in there a good 7 hours or so. Although I certainly do NOT want to make a habit out of getting him up and out at 5:30 to start the day, I figured it was a great first night. So far there hasn't been one accident, and one time I swear he even whined at the back door which lead to a successful potty in the yard. Yeah! The poor little guy is so whiny, even when he's playing and eating he still cries. I'm sure he's missing his 'family' and trying to figure it all out. He's such a sweet little cuddly thing! And I tell ya, I think going through the baby thing (at least, after having a baby #2) I am so relaxed about the tough love thing. Puppy tough love, which = putting him in that crate and letting him whine a bit so I can get things done or take a shower. You know, with your first baby it's so hard to do that kind of thing...put them in the crib, let them cry a bit, let them fuss throughout the day without running to them at every little outburst. So besides being a bit sleep-deprived today, so far it's been pretty darn good.

I was a bit teary this morning, though, at leaving my 10 year old daughter outside at her school where she and her classmates waited to get on the bus and leave for a 3 day environmental camp. It's funny, with everything going on I didn't think much of it, as far as getting all sad. But as I drove away it really hit me--my baby leaving for 3 days for an outdoor adventure, 3 hours away, with only her teachers, some volunteers and her classmates! Of course it's great for her, I'm so glad she's doing it. And I was so proud about how she was handling it--she said she was only a little nervous, much more excited. She is going to have an amazing time. The worst part about it for her was leaving our new Digby!!!

And speaking again of Sir Digby, the little guy has his own blog--Digby's Dailies! Of course, no surprise, in this family...:-) Check it out for photos and news about how he's doing. It may not always actually be a daily thing, but he'll do his best. Digby's Dailies sounded better than Digby's Weeklies, anyway.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute photos ;-)
    Digby seems to be in very good hands.

    Hopefully it stays small for some time -- then they're more cute...

    Enjoy, and take care.
    Rob

     

Post a Comment

<< Home