Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, October 23, 2006

It's All Good

Have I mentioned that I've recently been completely hijacked by "Sex and the City"?? Kim's friend Bev is letting me borrow her entire complete collection for my viewing pleasure. (and I must say a thank you to BEV, not Cheryl, who I had given credit for earlier...gotta give credit where it's due!) There they are, very appropriately stored in a brown paper bag. Every night now, as soon as I get the kids to bed, I scamper downstairs for my guilty pleasure--I usually watch about 3 episodes before I head off to dreamland. I've had them a couple of weeks now and am still only in the second season! Yeah! Thank you, Bev! I've always been a fan, but not having HBO I've only caught them here and there on TBS, and the edited versions at that. So this is truly a treat!

And speaking of Sex and the City, last night I had my very first Cosmopolitan! (it's what the ladies are always drinking on the show) My friends Darcie, Anne, Sara and I went out for a day of shopping and eating in Stillwater. It's such a fun town, with many antique shops to peruse. We had a lovely dinner at Marx Wine Bar, and the waiter brought us each a cosmopolitan on the house! Nice! I wonder if it was a cleavage discount?? Hmmmm...I don't think any of us were showing any. A saleslady in a store did notice Sara's breasts, however...as Sara attempted to fit a top she was thinking of buying over the long-sleeved T she had on, the woman says to her, "you've gotta take that other shirt off, honey, it will never fit! Take a look at those cans!!!" !! Classy. Back to Marx, tho...check out this sink! I went to use the loo and had to bring the ladies back to show them, wondering if I had gone mad...this was indeed a washing area where the water hit the counter top and just ran to the back. Very bizarre!

Thankfully before I left for Stillwater yesterday, I got a couple of new photos of Digby!!!! My little boy, at 8 weeks. :-) Soon, very soon, he will be in my arms for a puppy-snuggle. (of course, not soon enough for me!) A couple more weeks, possibly? We still haven't narrowed down the exact date, but believe you me, you will know when he is here. :-)

Sullivan's Family Fun Night at his school, "The BFG" at the Children's Theater, a gourmet dinner night with our dear group...it's no wonder I haven't posted for a while. Whew, busy! But all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home