Diary of a Metal Mommy

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Musings

Is it Friday again already?? Man, time does fly. Stephanie and I had a fun surprise this morning at coffee....who should walk in the door, but our minx Kim herself! Normally she's working at that time so we were shocked to see her smiling mug! And very pleasantly so, I might add. I love that about us. What's funny is that I've been watching the entire Sex and the City show, episode by episode, thanks to Kim (and her friend Cheryl!) who let me borrow them. I have to say, it's been my heaven to be able to just sit there on the couch in my jammies, start at the beginning and just watch them all. One more, just one more, I find myself saying. Completely hijacked by Sex and the City. But those women remind me of Stephanie, Kim and I. Just the peeps (or, poops?!) hangin' out, talking about wacky things, feeling so comfortable with each other. Kim had actually been watching a TIVO'd Sex and the City episode this morning herself, and it made her of us, which eventually led to her remembering Stephanie and I's weekly coffee mornings! What fun.

Tomorrow my sister Barb and her husband Ray will get here at some point. Wahoo! They are going to have a rude awakening, coming from the deep south, with this cold Minnesota weather we are having right now. I mean, Minnesota is supposed to be butt-biting cold, but not usually in early October!

Lori is in Mexico right now--or at least is on route as I type--for a Stream of Passion concert. What fun! Wish I could be there to see the show. When she gets back we'll be finishing up the almost-finished songs to get them up and out. Then eventually we'll be writing some new ones! Yeah! I've had so many other creative things going on that I haven't really missed the metal song-writing too much, but it's getting to be time to release the inner metal diva once again. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely post! You're definitely a cool bunch of funny ladies... Don't you miss Lori, to join the fun?

    Maybe not the right place to ask, but do you already know how the music will be released? On a CD, or just for (paid) download? You got my vote for a real CD ;-)

    Cheerio,
    Rob

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Yes, it would be great fun to introduce Lori to the poops. Come on over, Lori!!! :-)

    Don't know yet about the music thing. I guess we'll be dealing with that once this round is finished and ready to go. Thanks for your input, though, always helpful.--Suz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home