Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lazy Bones

Another Halloween, over and done. Man, the time flies faster and faster! I can tell the older I get, the less patience I have for such frivolities. I've never been one to dress up for Halloween unless I have a party to go to...but this year I was even lazy about the kid's costumes. I told Sullivan to pick a costume out of our dress-up box--although really, he could have cared less about being anything too specific--and he grabbed the same skeleton costume he wore last year. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of that darn thing. I made it for Vivian a few years ago, painstakingly painting the bones on a black sweatsuit with glow in the dark puffy paint. It turned out quite well, if I do say so myself (and I do!) so I was all for showing that off again. Vivian was fretting the day before Halloween, realizing she herself hadn't put her costume together. A sign SHE is getting older, as well. Then of course it's traipsing around in the Minnesota Cold for at least an hour.

Of course it wasn't all bad...Kim and Emily came over to go with us and we managed to have a pretty good time. Especially since at one house the mom called us over to the door to give us our own special treat--Pumkin Ale. Nice!!! That's my kind of trick-or-treating, even if I will only drink half of it. And to show how lazy I was this year, this photo of Kim partaking in that beer is one of the only photos I have of Halloween, 2006. Terrible!

On a better note, I got a call from Cindy last night to arrange a Sunday pick-up of our new puppy!!!!!! Digby will enter the building Sunday afternoon. We're all ready. He's got his crate, his toys, his leash and collar, food, treats, and even his first vet appointment. It makes it all feel so real!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home