Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Feeling Old, Part Two

Yesterday I told you about how watching that Gene Simmons show made me feel old. Turns out what also makes you feel like a geezer is watching "Pimp my Ride", which came on after. Personally, I love that show--I love Xzibit, and the way he takes someone's old jalopy and 'surprises' them (again, who's fooled by the 'surprise'?!) by having a team of rock-star type mechanics turn it into a kick-A ride. I love the ridiculous things they do to the cars--the funky paint jobs, the kickin' stereo and entertainment systems, the snow-making machine that sits on the roof of the car....kid you not. I always turn it off and dream of Xzibit coming to my door and handing him my keys. As you can probably imagine, I do not consider myself too old to have a funky pimped-out car.

After watching this show the other night, I got to thinking about the Coreman's ride. I have the Scion, which is already pretty darn cool. (all right, so it doesn't have a snow machine, but I guess I can live without that. I am in Minnesota, after all...) But the Coreman...in trying to be frugal and smart, he bought his Mom's Buick LeSabre for next to nothing and let me tell you, it's basically a Grandpa car. Most of the time he drives it without complaint, bless him, but I do remember him coming home from work one day saying he was actually mocked by a co-worker for his ride. Ouch! (this is when one of those 'maybe he's just jealous, honey' speeches just doesn't fly...) Wouldn't it be so hilarious and cool to have 'Pimp My Ride' come and do a number on the LeSabre?? I mean, it really is a well-made car, but it could certainly use some bling. I decided to check out how to get yourself on the show.

Well, come to find out the age requirement to 'audition' was between 18 and 28!! So, according to the Pimp My Ride execs, it turns out we are indeed to old to have a funky pimped-out car... say what?! How lame is that?? Don't they remember that part of being 40 is the attitude that goes along with it?? And a pimped-out car is attitude, no doubt about it. You certainly don't need to be 20 to have attitude...!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww, talking about discrimination... You definitely got attitude and deserve a pimped-out car!
    We got some similar programs in the Netherlands, but I'm not sure about age-restrictions here...

    Take care, and be metal ;-)

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Thanks Rob. You need to get a job on the show so you can pimp my ride. :-)

    Always metal!!! --Suz

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha, you definitely need a HUGE audio/video installation ;-)

    But if I remember well, you already got a Metal Mommy sticker, right?

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Oh yeah, that's on the back of the Scion...!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home