Diary of a Metal Mommy

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Metal Tablescaping

Tablescaping. Mantelscaping. Who knew there was such a thing? Apparently there is, as I learned first hand at this decorating seminar last night at Pier One Imports down the street. Cory's friend Christopher let him know that his man Jason from Interiors By Decorating Den was giving this seminar and Cory offered me up to go. (what, Cory didn't want to learn about the proper use of charger plates??) What, a night out at a fun store with a couple of fun guys?? Sha! Whereas I didn't really learn anything new per se, I did manage to spend some money on a rockin' retro-looking red tray, a much needed wine bottle coaster (ya hear that girls, no more drippy wine bottles as we podcast!) and some new dinner plates! Woo!

See this was the quandry. We have 5 complete table settings of our wedding china. Yes, I said wedding china. Even Metal Mommies have their fancy-shmancy sides. I love my china, but not enough to spend a butt-load of money on 3 more settings, which is what I need to have them really be useful. The best time for me to use them is when I'm hosing my gourmet dinner group of course, but alas, we add up to 8. My everyday Stangl is lovely, but certainly can not be mixed with china. I'm all for mixing patterns and styles, but something as casual as pottery does NOT go with fine china. I don't need an interior designer to tell me that.

But! No longer a quandry--not only do I have 4 new gold dinner plates that I can beautifully alternate with my cream/gold china, but my ever-luvin' husband told me to go BACK and get MORE!!! Whoa! We are definitely ready for some new tablescaping. Yeah! You have to love the rare opportunity you get when your man actually tells you to go out and spend money. Btw, I wonder if I could find a china pattern with skulls on it?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can fill in your "missing" china pieces easily by visiting Replacements Ltd. online (www.replacements.com). They've got practically everything, too, so if it's skulls you want, you might get lucky... I don't work for them, just a happy customer of their Wedgewood "Amherst" line.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    Yes, I have seen/ordered from Replacements.com. Thanks for the tip! Hilarious, china with skulls. Wouldn't that be the best??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home