Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I Like Kakashi Hatake

Sir Digby doing one of his favorite things...chewin' on a stick.

Another day, another dog poop. Yup, still pickin' up lots of poo...although I will say today was much better. So far there have only been two, which is quite good for our little pooper. Although, the consistency is still...well...I won't go into that. But let's just say I was sort of hoping for a more solid situation by now, as I really don't want to have to give Digby pills for 10 days, which is what is probably going to have to happen. Sigh. As if it's not bad enough to have to force antibiotics down my kids' throats, now I have to shove a pill down my dog's. I think that will be a Coreman job. heh heh.

Overall, things continue to go quite well with the little Digeradoo. He's eating very well, seems more and more comfortable all the time, not as much whining. As I knew he would, he's become quite the good company for the kids. :-)

Tonight we broke away to the Mall O'merica to check out this "Naruto Road Tour". (that's where Kakashi comes from, in case you were wondering...Vivian made me pick the 'guy I liked' in Naruto, and it's him. According to her, he's the weird one--so that makes sense.) Naruto takes off kind of where Pokemon or Yu-Gi-oh! left off--Japanese manga cartoons. Being a fan of those kinds of shows and of manga art in general, Vivian is totally into it. I have to admit, I loved watching Pokemon with her--it spoke to the kid in me. (I guess not so strange...now I love watching The Suite Life of Zach and Cody with her....!) I haven't caught enough of this Naruto to know much about it, but hey. At least it's not Barney anymore. It can always be worse. This road tour ended up being sort of a joke in my opinion--the area that it took over in the mall was so tiny we almost walked right by it. But Viv had fun checking out the video games, wide screen TV playing an episode and sketching materials that were provided. Here I surprised her with a photo, and then when I tried to get her to smile for me she gave me the, "Mommmmm!" I get a lot of that. Yes, it does start already at 10...!
So, I felt like a Good Parent and a good Citizen of my Fair City tonight...taking advantage of some 'happening' going on and knowing my daughter would be thrilled to go. yeah. Too bad Digby wasn't so happy to have us go...it was the first time we put him in his crate wide awake and left...sure enough, he was barking and crying when we got home. Poor guy.

PS--here's a photo of Kakashi I found--whoa! There weren't any photos like this at the Mall of America tonight! I guess I didn't have such a bad pick...ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home