Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, November 13, 2006

Chocolates and Socks

Digby had a fun play date yesterday with Kim's dog Abby. It was very cute--at first Abby couldn't be bothered with that annoying jumpy little thing at her feet, but after some good butt sniffing and running around, she started to warm up to him. Poor Digby, try as he might, he just could not reach Abby's butt for a good sniff. All in good time, Digs, all in good time.

Check out Kim and I in our matching jackets. Kim had read my blog about my Jacket Quest, and it inspired her to shop at Eddie Bauer for a jacket of her own. Making sure she didn't buy the same jacket as I did, she came home with this brown one. She had failed to see that I had done yet another post saying that I went back and exchanged the jacket I originally bought for the one I have now--which resulted in us having the same one. Hilarious! Of course they are different colors, so they aren't exactly the same...besides, I don't mind at all. I think it's kind of funny. Kim says we are like a box of chocolates. She's the bittersweet dark, I'm the creamy caramel. Woo!

And to follow up on yet another quest--I think I have indeed found the Holy Grail of foundations!!!! After much trial and error, I have settled on Lancome's Regenerie Lift! It gives me good coverage without looking too make-up-y. It's a bit pricey at almost $40, but I don't need to use much at a time so it will last me quite a while. I apply it with that foundation brush I told you about, and then finish off with a little powder. I didn't want to splurge on the $50 Lancome powder, so I just got some Sonia Kashuk. Is there really a huge difference in dusting powder?? Maybe someone out there knows. But anyway, I know you were dying to find out what I ended up with, so there it. Hopefully it will be my HG for a while...I know me, I am a fickle gal when it comes to beauty products and purses. Never enough, always needing a change-up!

And speaking of Holy, this is just a funny photo that doesn't have anything to do with anything. Sullivan was going through our book shelf, pulling out books that looked interesting to him. He started looking through this very old bible that belonged to my grandmother, and got more than he bargained for....inside there was an old yellow sock. Looks like a baby sock, must have been my dad's. I had to get a photo of Sullivan's face--I don't think this was what he expected when he took a gander at the good book! Ha!

And hey! The goils came over for another podcast last night--yay! Check it out!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG, at first I thought Abby had EATEN poor Digby - hilarious!

    You girls are HOT as hell in your matching jackets. NICE!

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    You are too kind, my friend! :-) Get a load of that creamy filling...ow! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home