Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, October 05, 2006

shit.

I got some damn depressing news yesterday. Ever since Kim and I got involved in the FM107's Undiscovered Diva's contest, I've been getting their electronic Psssst! newsletter. I have to say it somehow leaves a bad taste in my mouth to get it now--call me a sore loser, but it every time I see it in my mailbox it reminds me about how Kim and I DIDN'T win the grand prize weekly radio show that was on over a span of 2 months. Anyway, this particular installment tasted particularly acrid, as it announced that because a regular on the station was cancelling his show due to illness, they were going to permanently bring on the new Diva couple for their own show. This was my dream! This was part of the reason I wanted to win that contest, so that maybe it could open a door for a new career for me. These girls don't need it! They both have full time jobs and I'm SURE they already know what they want to do when they grow up. Don't they know this would have been the perfect opportunity for me?! (because, of course, it's all about me...!) When all of this came up and we actually made it to the final round I really did think that maybe, in all of my searching, that this could be something I was meant to do. It fits everything I love...gabbing, :-), performing, something new and exciting all the time, creative...the perfect job. Of course I realize that this doesn't have to be the only opportunity to ever come my way, of course, but really FM 107 is the only talk radio station that would have anything to do with me. The others are all total conservative political crap that I wouldn't want anything to do with anyway! So, there it is. I'm going to sit around and feel sorry for myself today.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood, however. I will probably go for a walk/run and take in this glorious cool, crisp Minnesota fall weather.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pay never no mind to the "winners" of that contest. From the little I heard of them, they were far from funny and/or entertaining.

    This experience is making you stronger so when the Big Time comes a'knocking on your door, you'll be more than ready.

    Keep that chin up!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Aww, thanks for the cheerleading and vote of confidence, whoever you are! :-) I just haven't had the heart to listen to the winners. However, if you are a friend of mine, perhaps you are a bit biased?! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home