Diary of a Metal Mommy

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Another year, another turkey. And I have to say, this one turned out amazingly well!!!!!!!! I usually do okay by roasting mine in an oven bag--nothing to complain about. But Stephanie inspired me to be a bit more gourmet this year and go outside the box...or I should say, outside the bag. I followed her steps to a perfect turkey--brining a couple of days before, drying out the night before...I TOTALLY recommend doing the bird that way, if you don't already. It was delectable! It was a total Metal Turkey!

After I got the turkey in the oven I watched some of the Thanksgiving parade with the kids. (including Digby, our newest child!) That's not something I grew up doing, but it sure is fun. The hour before the parade starts is almost the best part--kind of like the pre-show before a football game. Talk about cheezy stuff, definitely good for a few laughs. At some point in the cooking frenzy mother-in-law Connie joined us. It's been a very relaxing, lovely day...even with the cooking frenzy. A Thanksgiving to be thankful for, indeed.

I have so much to be thankful for! It would take up a few pages just to list everything. All I will say is that I'm very thankful that I have so much to be thankful for. I hope it's the same for each and everyone of you out there. Now go get a good nap!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home