Diary of a Metal Mommy

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Barf Boat

What in the world is up with everybody puking on cruise ships these days?? I don't get it--only in recent years have I ever heard about anything like that happening. Why now?? There is nothing that would turn me away from a luxury cruise faster than the thought of being surrounded by 700 people spewing out of both ends, with nowhere to run. That's pretty much my nightmare. It ain't no Love Boat, that's for sure. I used to love that show. Anyone else out there old enough to remember it??? I remember being especially excited when Scott Baio was on it, and I specifically remember one with Kristy McNichol...they may have even been on the same episode??!! I remember as a kid thinking it was so scandalous when some woman came out in a negligee and asked her new husband, "Do you like this?", or something along that line, to which he replied something to the tune of, "yes, but I like it better off!" There was no mistaking what was always going on on the "Love Boat". There was certainly no hurling on the Love Boat--if so, it was only because of a nasty hangover from too many umbrella drinks Isaac served up by the pool. And we never heard about it. Now practically every month or so you hear about the norovirus invading yet another luxury liner. Orlando Bloom himself could be on a cruise ship and you couldn't pay me to get on it.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger ROBOTTONY said…

    I remember the Love Boat and Love American Style, seriously cute swimsuit babes! Have a Great Thanksgiving, early I know, but I'm off to the fam's gettogether for the holiday.
    the very best to you and yours :)

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Suz said…

    You know it's funny, I don't remember Love American Style. Wonder why?? I've heard of it, of course, but don't remember seeing it.

    You have a great Thanksgiving too, Robottony! Thanks!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home