Diary of a Metal Mommy

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happy Belated Birthday, Lisa!

This morning I took my dear friend Lisa out for my 40th birthday---oooops, I mean I took Lisa out for HER birthday, and it's not her 40th. That girl's got a way to go before she reaches the official Middle Ages. (I suppose she can still be my friend...!) I guess it just felt like yet another 40th birthday celebration for me, truth be told. :-) We went to Yum Bakery for a nice Saturday morning breakfast, which is our fave meal of the day--at least my favorite to go out for. I'm not much of a breakfast eater at home, just give me my coffee first thing in the morn...but a couple hours later there's nothing better than to venture out and get a nice plate o'eggs, or a Belgian waffle. Yum indeed. I have to say this meal wasn't as good as it's been before...the omelet I ordered didn't have as much flavor as I remember and honestly, some of it was a bit runny. Eeeeu, I can't stand boogery eggs. But the free cupcake they were giving out for their one year anniversary made up for it.

Last night I had my jewelry at my friend Cyndy's yearly holiday Mary Kay open house. She's had me there for the past 3 years, and it's always a good time. This time I was joined by another jeweler, Bridgett. I have met Bridgett before as she is a friend of Kim's, but I really knew we 'd get along well when she came in and the first thing she said to me was, "I really like your rack!" I burst out laughing because of course my dirty mind immediately thought of my chest, instead of the earring stand that she was really referring to. By the end of the night Bridgett and I had practically spent more on each other's jewels than we made. :-) In a couple of weeks Cyndy will have another open house and Bridgett and I will be at that one, too. Makeup and jewelry--talk about the ultimate girlie night! Woo!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susie I have high hopes of having a rack like yours someday.
    Bridgett

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Well girlfriend, it can be bought. :-) www.riogrande.com
    Great to hear from you! I'm looking forward to our next partay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home